All of our bakery items are freshly made with passion and expertise by our team of bakers here in our Wakefield bakery at Blacker Hall Farm.
We use flour milled in Yorkshire, local free-range eggs and lots of care. Our Christmas puddings are a real Wakefield delight made with a hearty Yorkshire helping of Ossett Brewery Treacle Stout… one of the 60 plus Yorkshire ales available to buy in The Wine Loft!
The award-winning range of quiches, breads, fresh baking, ready meals, soups and delicious treats are on sale in our Farm Shop, Delicatessen and Coffee Shop.
We are committed to making the freshest food without the use of unnecessary additives so you can appreciate the true flavour. We aim to use as many local, seasonal and fresh ingredients in everything we make.
- Our bakers use more than 2500 local free-range eggs every week!
- Our bakers start at 4.00am every morning, 3.00am on a Saturday and they don’t even go home at Christmas!
- We only bake using flour milled in Yorkshire!
- Our white bread contains less than 1g salt per 100g
Seven days a week you can enjoy an award-winning selection of quiches, pies, tarts, ready meals and soups freshly made in the kitchens here at Blacker Hall Farm.
- Christophe, our French pastry chef, makes our authentic French style croissants!
- The Blacker Hall bakers and chefs prepare all the fresh salads, meats, pies and quiches for our Delicatessen!
- Our shortbread is handmade using an authentic Scottish recipe using ground rice and lots of butter!
We have top awards for… Sausage Rolls.. Pecan Pie.. Ox Tongue.. Lasagne.. Five Fruit Crumble.. Moussaka.. Broccoli & Stilton Soup.. Quiche Lorraine.. Dry Cured Gammon.. Roast Beef.. Red Pepper and Maple Bacon Quiche.. Leek, Ham & Cheese Quiche..
Awarded by Guild of Fine Food Retailers Great Taste Awards, Guild of Q Butchers Smithfield Awards, BPEX Regional Awards North East Champion Gammon, EBLEX George Awards Best Roast Beef Dinner in England